Wednesday 5 February 2014

Hello

Hi my name is Helen Whapshott (whop-shot) and welcome to my blog, as Bram Stoker's Dracula said "come freely go safely; and leave something of the happiness you bring.” I was born in Aldershot in 1980, and survived all three of Cove's schools, I started my working life as a catering assistant in a bakery before deciding that the world of buns and cakes wasn't really for my and went to Farnborough College of Technology where I got my diploma in nursery nursing. I've been a nursery nurse, a teaching assistant in a school for children with special needs, a support worker for people with learning disabilities, a care assistant in a residential home for the elderly, before finally settling down as a health care assistant in a local hospital. I also do bank work (which means I fill in shifts) at a children's hospice in surrey. I have five wonderful nephews a lovely niece, two very patient parents and a brother and sister who are incredibly understanding. I've always had a love of being read to when I was a child and when I grew up I found that reading by myself was also very enjoyable, and my shelves at home cover a wide range of interest. I also enjoy creative writing my first ever hit was at infant school which was 'How The Kangaroo Got It's Hop' unfortunately I was away with the mumps so I missed the hype. Now I've got a book called The Glow coming out in March and hope that it'll bring people the same enjoyment.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your novel! Hope it does well--keep on writing!--Michael

    ReplyDelete